In my attempt to not alienate or exclude anyone, it is difficult to know when to remain silent and when to share my opinion. Yeah I just can't keep my mouth shut on this one. I tried.
Boing Boing's guest blogger nailed it: "No agency left behind" (I'm thinking about making tshirts)
To quote a WSJ opinion column "This is a political wonder that manages to spend money on just about every pent-up Democratic proposal of the last 40 years."
This bill is being proposed with exactly Zero GOP support. To the 46-47% of the country who didn't vote blue: Nancy Pelosi says "We won the election. We wrote the bill." (in other words, "Get Bent")
So much for bringing us together. How are any of us with any sanity supposed to support total B.S. like this? I feel like with one hand, we were boing sold "Hope, Change, Unity" and in the past week or so that hand keeps waving with a barrage of quick successes, keeping everyone looking at that hand.
Here comes the other hand.
Let's all put our brains back in our heads, stop looking for deliverance from a savior, and keep trying to do what we all can - work hard, make good financial decisions, help each other out. Meanwhile can we *try* to stop or at least slow the federal spending and encourage tax breaks? We can't spend our way out of financial crisis.
Let the comments fly and the Facebook un-friending commence.
- I do not affiliate myself with a political party.
- I tend to be a financial conservative.
- If I would have voted the way I wanted to in the last election I would have voted for Ron Paul.
- I think the greatest value our nation has ever held is individual freedom and I hate (hate) big government and the idea that there is some group or an individual out there who is better and smarter than all of the rest of us; that can take care of us, protect us, meet all our needs and save us from ourselves.
- I think legislation that promises equality always translates into a government with more power, a nation with fewer freedoms, and the only thing equal is that everyone has less.
- I think that all people are created equal and in a free society all people have a chance to make whatever of their life they want.
- I think we need not worry so much about those that have more, we should let greed and corruption bear their own fruit, similarly we should let generosity and responsibility bear their own fruit.